What it tests
This package includes the following parameters listed below:
- Bacteriological: E-coli, Total Coliform, HPC, Background Growth
- Chemical and Physical: Alkalinity, Chloride, Color, Electrical Conductivity, Fluoride, Hardness, Langelier Saturation Index, Metals Scan, Nitrogen Species (Organic N, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite), pH, Sulfate, Total Dissolved Solids, Total Organic Carbon, Turbidity, UV Transmittance, Sulfide
- Anions – These compounds include Chloride, Fluoride, Nitrate, Nitrite, and Sulfate. Each of these compounds has different symptoms and effects to our body. If enough organic and inorganic salts enter into the water system, they make the water toxic and poisonous to drink. Provides the Cation-Anion Balance.
- Total Metals – This includes: Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic, Barium, Boron, Cadmium, Calcium, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Lead, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, Uranium, Zinc.
- Arsenic: Even low amount of this can kill a human. You cannot smell, taste, or see arsenic in water. This is a common contaminant for the Northern Health Region of BC
This test is performed on water sources to look for concentrations of hazardous organisms/substances, to identify trends in water quality, for source protection planning and water system design process. This package includes bacteriological parameters, chemical analysis as well as parameters affecting aesthetic concerns. Additional testing and analytical adjustments for specific contaminants may be recommended based on the results of the original analysis. If additional testing was recommended by Northern Health, please list the extra items in the comments of your order and we will contact you to finalize your order.
Are you looking for something else? CARO probably tests for it! Send us a custom order request and we will take care of it for you!